Today I struggled terribly with a migraine. I was sent to another branch to fill in as they were short-handed. I was able to go home for lunch and lay down for a bit but when I got back to work the pain intensified. I was nearly sick to my stomach.
A lady and her young adult son walked in. She had questions regarding how to handle her account. She began by saying that her husband had passed away just Wednesday and she began to weep. My heart broke for her! I answered her questions and took care of her transaction. As she was gathering her things to leave I felt the need to ask her if it would be ok if I were to pray for her. She immediately stopped and reached over the counter and grabbed my hand. I quickly reached for hers and quietly prayed for strength, peace and clarity of mind during these difficult days.
She thanked me and said they were Christians as well! And then they left.
Had I been in my own branch I don't know that I would have felt as free to do that. I don't know. I haven't been "asked" to do so. This really took me out of my comfort zone...but what amazed me the most...is that for a few moments, my focus wasn't on the pain in my own head. It was on the pain in her heart. My heart ached for her. I cannot understand what she is dealing with but I do know she is hurting.
From there on my headache began to ease. No kidding. The nausea let up. I ended my workday feeling the best I had felt all day!
Aren't God moments amazing?
4 comments:
Way to listen to the Spirit, Aunt Judy! Thanks for sharing this testimony!
OH YES those God moments are truely amazing! Thank you Judith Anne for obeying the Spirit's speaking to you to offer prayer for your need as well!
Super cool!!
God moments are the BEST moments! And how great it is that you listened and responded to His urgings! As I read your blog I said a prayer for that family also!
Happy Birthday to Nathan too - 18 is a very special year!
Hugs to all of you - we really enjoy reading the blog and seeing what all of you are up to!
Russ & Karla (CWC)
Post a Comment