Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Truck Driver Story

I work at Walmart. Often I answer the phones. Sometimes people call in for directions to get to our store. Tonight was no exception.

A truck driver called from I81 and thought he might have gone too far and passed the exit to our store. I asked where he was and he was definitely too far south. I asked if he had a delivery for our store and he said we wasn't delivering to us but needed to go shopping. I told him there was another Walmart at the next exit and gave him directions.

When he told me he needed to get a reflective vest for the location he was delivering to, a bell when off in my head! Ken is a security guard for a Kroger dry storage facility where drivers are required to where reflective vests! Oh! "Are you going to the Kroger facility?" I asked. The driver looked at his paperwork and indeed said that's where he was headed. I asked him if he would do me a HUGE favor and he gladly agreed. I asked that when he got to the facility and checked in at the guard shack would he please tell the guy there that his wife says hello! He agreed and we laughed and then hung up.

I was so thrilled about this chain of contacts that would connect me to my beloved tonight! How cool is this!!! Later in the evening I went to the break room and got my phone out to see if Ken had messaged me about getting MY message. Nothing. Rats.

Then I realized. This is Saturday. KEN IS OFF!

Bob is working tonight. BOB DOESN'T HAVE A WIFE!!!!

1 comment:

Russ and Karla Patterson said...

What a small world - and now Bob will be watching you!! ;-)