Ok. We are now in Roanoke. The trip was a good, safe one, but was tiring none the less. We were met with an incredible group of people who unloaded the 2 trucks in 2 hours! Even nearly 3 year old Benjamin helped!
Tuesday I was able to set up what I have been waiting and longing for....DSL!!!!!!!!!!! It was all working great and so I placed an order online for Pizza Hut and 30 minutes later.....we had our first delivery in 2 years! Whoo hooo! BUT......then....disaster struck. The DSL no longer was functioning. Ken spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon last night and got nowhere. I spent 2 hours this afternoon on the phone with Verizon and got a little further than nowhere. I have an appointment in the morning with Verizon who will be calling me back...a superviaor this time...and hopefully we can get everything worked out. We think it is their modem. We aren't certain, though.
Nathan and I enjoyed our first helping of fried okra for lunch today! My mom and dad supplied our freezer with some! What a treat!
The kids have done well at setting up their rooms. Mine still needs work. In fact, the whole place needs work. We have discovered several things: 1) this house is twice as long as the previous one, thereby taking longer to reach the ringing phone. 2) Sasha must be nervous about us moving again, or something...she's following me EVERYWHERE! 3) The can opener must be placed in a clearly marked box or hand carried during a move. 4) The Davis Family owns WAY to many books!
Well, hopefully soon we will have some pictures to share. I do know where my camera is, but right now the only computer connected to the internet is Ken's office one. So be patient, and check back often. Continue praying as we adjust to our new surroundings.
2 comments:
yay only 2 more days!!! Becca is way excited to meet you guys...and for the road trip! haha
I am glad you got all moved in and everything is good. Sorry, I havent talked to you............stuff is crazy. Also, I forgot my password so that is why I am anonymous. Tracy
Post a Comment